Deliver culturally sensitive healing and counselling support services
- Enhance the social and emotional wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people through the delivery of culturally appropriate counselling and healing services.
- Grow our service capacity and delivery range so we can support more people in regional and remote areas.
- Respond to community needs by developing new culturally appropriate programs.
- Expand our services to support young people and families.
- Deliver the highest quality service through supervision, accreditation and professional development.
Become recognised as the lead agency and partner of choice
- Establish formal and informal partnerships with Indigenous and non-indigenous organisations with a shared interest in healing and wellbeing.
- Increase awareness of Gallang Place as a national leader in healing and wellbeing through better communications, marketing, networking.
- Actively engage in the national and international healing movement through participation and membership of community and professional bodies.
- Share the benefits of healing at gatherings and by publishing success stories.
- Encourage Indigenous community organisations to provide counselling and healing services.
Provide culturally sensitive education and training programs
- Gallang Education & Training (GET) recognised as the market leader in providing culturally appropriate training programs, and the trainer of choice.
- Create awareness of GET through marketing and promotion.
- Grow the range of programs offered by GET to include more certified programs and short courses.
- Expand and develop the GET team so we have the capacity to grow our training programs.
- Collaborate with community and industry partners to increase our capacity to engage and deliver training.
Remain a deadly, strong and sustainable organisation
- Manage Gallang Place as an ethical, accountable and continuously improving organisation.
- Develop and manage income sources and assets to ensure the long term viability and sustainability of operations and programs.
- Recruit and support the best staff that are culturally aware and skilled in delivering services to our clients.
- Engage, develop and support a Board of Directors that represent the interests of our members and ensure strong governance of Gallang Place.
- Maintain management and quality systems that protect the integrity of Gallang Place and our programs.
Servicing Brisbane, Logan, Beaudesert and North Stradbroke Island.
Gallang Place, ABN 71 168 539 263, is incorporated under the Corporations (Aboriginal And Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006 (CATSI).
Gallang Place supports Aboriginal and Torres Strait lslander people on their journey of healing creating healthier lives and relationships. Aboriginal and Torres Strait lslander people are resilient healthy individuals supporting each other in creating positive and empowered communities.
We can provide a range of counselling, advocacy and support services that can help you live a healthier and happier life. Our counsellors can help with many issues and concerns that you may face – having a deep respect for your rights, culture, history and your community.
Ph: (07) 3899 5041
Fax: (07) 3899 5141
57 Southgate Ave
Cannon Hill QLD 4170
“Gallang” is a word from the Jagera nation and means “healing”.
Permission was sought from Jagera Elder, the late Senator Neville Bonner AO, to use this word for our counselling service.