- Sometimes things just seem too hard
- You can feel like no one is listening and no one cares
- It’s like no one understands how you feel
- There are many things that can get you down:
- Feeling sad about losing a loved one
- Having trouble with alcohol and drugs
- Struggling with your relationships
- Dealing with bullying and abusive people
- Confused about who you are and your identity
- Overwhelmed by money problems
- Feeling angry and frustrated
- Feeling worthless
- Feel isolated and alone
Help for individuals and families
Culturally centred healing
Gallang Place firmly believes in building recovery and resilience, based on our clients’ positive experiences and capacity, rather than focussing on deficits and failures. Gallang Place supports clients to regain or rediscover pride in their heritage and culture and to celebrate language, art and Community.
Culturally centred healing has proven effective in developing a sense of identity, community and responsibility. Rather than look to the world for someone to blame or to seek retribution, clients can learn to be empowered, resilient, and self-determined rather than seek external solutions.
In Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities the concept of ‘family’ (beyond blood-line relatives) is a critical part of their support systems and healing and coping mechanisms. In Gallang Place’s therapeutic processes this concept of family is central and the reconnection with family, culture and values drives a sustainable path to wellbeing.
Can I get help?
Our services are free to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the South East corner of Queensland.
How much does it cost?
Our service is free to all clients, pending eligibilty. However government and non-government agencies may incur a fee for service when they refer clients to Gallang Place.